Hello, I'm Sarp Erdag
I am a software developer, designer and entrepreneur from Turkey. I've been focusing on building apps for the iOS platform for the past 10 years.
I'm currently working on building and growing Shox
app. Since its release in mid 2021, the app has had an exciting growth pace. Shox was selected as the App of the Day
by Apple in more than 170 countries.
I've also found success with some of the other apps I've co-founded in the past. Built between the years 2015 and 2019, the apps Typorama
got more than 10 million downloads worldwide, featured by Apple on the App Store various times
and reviewed on several different blogs and magazines including
On January 2019, both apps, Typorama and Videorama were acquired
by a US
based app publishing firm through a multi million dollar deal.
Through these years, I also gave talks
at various events telling my story as an indie developer and
on how to find success on the App Store building self funded, micro app businesses.
Prior to becoming an independent iOS developer, I also worked on several different mobile and web based client projects, m-commerce apps, small games, photo and video editors. I hold a B.Sc. and M.Sc. in Software Engineering from the Polythecnic University of Milan
Here is a list of the events I gave talks at:
- SwiftFest 2018 - Boston, United States
- iOS Dev UK 2017 - Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
- CodeMobile 2017 - Chester, United Kingdom
- MobileDays'17 - Ankara, Turkey
- Mobos 2016 - Cluj, Romania
- Webrazzi Mobil 2016 - "Trends in Mobile Technologies" - Istanbul, Turkey
- MobileDays'15 Conference - Bilkent University Ankara, Turkey
... and some of the podcasts I was hosted at,
- Episode 413 of The App Guy Podcast
- Episode 40 of Ray Wood's Top Agents Playbook Podcast
But even more important than all the career stuff above, I'm a family man, father to our lovely, 7 year old daughter :)
You can learn more about me on Twitter
check out some of my code on GitHub
or take a look at
my latest talks on SpeakerDeck
You can e-mail me directly at sarp.erdag at gmail dot com